I have been ironing for 3 hours.
Anyways, as well as that, the boat quilt cover has finished being pieced and has been pinned to the sheet it will be sewn onto. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be harder than actual quilting, because there isn't the batting inside to hide all the bumps, but hopefully the fact that I have washed (and therefore one assumes, shrunk) the backing sheet but not the actual fabrics will mean that any problems will go away after the first wash when the top pulls itself tight and the backing stays loose.
When I went into Spotlight today to get some end-of-bolt wadding I had put aside yesterday, Helen happened to be there, and she was nice enough to pay for it for me, as a thankyou for Ester's quilt. It's one metre of 85cm wide and 80cm of the 3.15m wide, which I'll chop into 3 bits giving me enough for 4 little snuggle rug style blankies. I want to see realistically how much cost/work goes into one that size, and I think it would be a good chance too the try out some new/ more difficult stuff on a small scale, but no so small that it's unusable.
Anyway, I'm falling asleep and Babycat is trying to climb onto the keyboard. It's time to call it a night.