Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time for bed... was 2 hours ago...

It's nearly 4 am and I have run out of pins, halfway through my basting. I'm sure I've got another magnet full of them somewhere, but I do believe it's time to call it a night.

I did a cute bit of piecing for the back - the fabric is a (mainly) green with a (little bit of) blue stripe which I've put going up and down. I did 3 little lines across about 20cm from the bottom about 5 cm high each, 2 cut horizontal strips of the blue section of the stripes on top and below a strip of the fabric I'm using for the binding, and then one column about 25cm wide with the lines going horizontal instead of vertical and 4 short strips of the binding fabric in it.

I took a picture, but the camera is on the other side of the room, and I'm half in bed.

I also downloaded the Fat Quarterly today, that online magazine thingie that varies in price every time, because even though I get the impression that it's Australian, it's sold in US dollars. Weird. But anyway, they were talking about beginning free motioning, and said pretty much exactly what I said last night - that you need to do it on an actual project otherwise you wont try and it'll look terrible and you'll give up. So, after I sleep, and get up, and find my pins, and finish basting, I'll be rolling the quilt back up again, and re-discovering my laptop sleeves. They were what I quilted before I quilted quilts, but I did them with wool wadding, and in straight lines. I still have some cuts of wool wadding, and even though it feels very different to the bamboo, (it's stiffer, and the bamboo has way more static cling) it's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment