And then today GenQ had a link to the manifesto of the Straight Stitch Society.
- Life is hard. Sewing is easy.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing.
- Sewing is cheaper than therapy and easier on your waistline than chocolate.
- Don’t make it if it’s not supercute.
- Don’t let anyone talk trash about your sewing skills. Especially your mother.
- Sometimes a glass of wine really does improve your sewing. Or at least your attitude. Same difference.
- A strategically used curse word can make you feel better when you need to get out the seam ripper. But only the first time. After that you’re a potty mouth.
- No matter what happens, remember that it’s only fabric.
- If someone asks “Did you make that?” say “Yes” proudly and leave it at that, no matter how much you fudged along the way.
- Sewing Straight Stitch Society projects will make you thinner, younger, and richer. You’ll see.
Problem: I don't like wine. This may take some work.