Size 7 (standard chunky) zipper from Spotlight is available in black, white, navy and cream for (I think) $1.99p/m.
If you buy a zip around pencil case from Neds it costs you $4 and you have to do a bit of unpicking (but they use a very long stitch length, so it's very quick) but you get 2.5metres AND it's in pretty colours.
From this:
To this:
You only get 2 zipper pulls per pencil case, but they have rainbow ones with lots of short zips for $3 and you get about a dozen pulls from each of them.
Be not afraid of the zips, people. They can be your friends.
Except the ones with the metal teeth. They chip your fingernails.


And that's why I'm afraid of zips...those nasty teeth.
ReplyDeleteI pulled the zips out of some old bags last year ...I still haven't practised. Your idea is pure genius.