Okay, time for a proper post now. Today, instead of actually getting anything done, I just got stuff.
As well as the aforementioned stylus, the post office had a lovely big box of fabric for me.
In it was two 1.5yard pieces of funkadelic flanelette, which I will use for backings when I come up with a suitably funkadellic front.
14 half yard pieces of various fabrics. Randomly selected by the "ooh, that looks nice" method. They were all $5 a yard I think.
I kinda forgot I had ordered this - possibly I should have waited to finish off the Autumn Nutmeg back and added this in. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make another one :)
Seven half yards, and I think it cost me about $19. They're still $8.59/y at fabricshack.com.
After getting all of that, I still had to go to spotlight to get some gold coloured thread to quilt with. Normally I just use white, but I really didn't like the look of it for this one. While I was there I got a half yard of some tulip fabric for the back of Helen's quilt, and they had finally got some big metric rulers in.
Despite the fact that I already have two 15x30cm ones, it's not the same as having a 15x60 cm one. I had a 20% off voucher too so it was about $12. Jolly good. Oh, and the little bundle is a fat eighth that I get sent with the big box of fabric. They sent a quilting magazine too. I think the 13.5 yards of fabric cost me about $115 including postage, and their communication was fantastic. I got lots so my postage was a fair bit - over $40 but it was a box because I got some flanelette and the postage cost written on the box was within a few dollars of what I paid. I don't know that they would be that cheap if you were getting full priced fabrics, but they had a big range of clearance fabrics so that made it pretty good value. I'd say way better than fabric.com but not quite as good as fabricshack.com's $7 postage.




some great finds! can't wait to see what you do with all that fabric.
ReplyDeletei love the first lot of fabrics! rainbow is my life
ReplyDeleteOK, so you've gone crazy fabric shopping again ....
ReplyDeleteI like the rainbow fabric a lot!