Sunday, July 29, 2012

Still yawning...

Well, it's midnight. I've had a pretty big day. I was up at 7 yet again, and, even though Meagan thinks she might be able to reset my body clock, I'm pretty sure that I'll sleep till 2 on monday afternoon and then I'll be back to normal.

Today was shopping for wedding dresses day. I mean, that was the whole point of us coming to Adelaide, and we had appointments and everything. But I found myself thinking how glad I was that I didn't do fashion design, because I may well have ended up working in a place just like those shops. And even though I've been lucky enough to get a nice bride, the fact is that the girls at those shops have to deal with a dozen every day, and some of the ones who were in there when we were seemed like right cows. I get that it's stressful and all, but you're devoting a day to trying on pretty dresses, in flattering lighting and with people whose job it is to make them look as good on you as they possibly can. Maybe you should try cracking a smile?

Anyway, we found two dresses she really liked, one at each store, and we ended up going back to try on the first one. I'm really glad we did, since I liked it a lot better, and once she'd put it back on again she did too. Also, the people at the second place were really rude, and the quality of some of the bridesmaids dresses looked a bit skiffy. I certainly wouldn't have paid $350 for them.

After we had that sorted we went to Marion Shopping centre for a bit, and it made me very very keen for next week, when I get to spend two whole days lone-wolfing it. It's been lovely spending time with Meagan, but I still don't feel super close to the other bridesmaids, who were all at school together. Don't get me wrong, they're all very nice, but I don't know them that well yet. Certainly not well enough to spend two hours wandering around a really big shopping centre with them, which is why I was really glad we split up for the second hour.

Tomorrow... well, I've no idea what we're doing tomorrow. Driving home at some point, one would think, but it's all a bit of a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping for some pictures -- at least of the dresses that were not selected ..

    ReplyDelete