Thursday, June 7, 2012

Really

There's something almost brilliantly medative about shopping for fabric on etsy. The process of search and select, then looking through all the other items from the same seller to try get a good postage deal, and then repeating, over and over - it's almost like a warm bath for your brain.

It's not as much fun if you're super intent on something in particular, and have to try and work out who'll give you the best deal, but I'm just casually looking for brushed yarn dyed checks, and since it's mainly random Korean sellers, I'm picking solely based on what ones I like.


I ended up with this one... because I like it. I'll cut it very neatly into a couple of strips and make it into a nice long scarf - I've already got a couple that I made from the few brushed cotton checks that Spotlight have, but I really, really like this one.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to make a perfect scarf.

    I've often noticed that if you're looking for something specific it'll take weeks or months of searching before you find it. I once waited 18 months to finish a quilt cover because I had a clear idea of what I wanted. (This was in the pre -internet days !)

    ReplyDelete