Monday, June 11, 2012

And now for something completely different

Tonight I wanted to do some piecing, but I didn't want to have to faff around with the whole choosing fabric/coming up with a design/doing the math/cutting the fabric bit.

So instead I had a rummage around in my scrap bag, and paired the off cuts of the fabrics I used for the top of the John Deere quilt with some other blues, greens and yellows, and sewed up this.


I'm quite proud of it, especially since I didn't really do any seam pressing till I was halfway through, and my trimming was done mainly with scissors, and squaring done only occasionally. It's turned out both fairly flat and fairly straight, though it's a bit too small to be useful, at about 65x70cm so far, and I'm pretty much out of scraps of those colours. I'm torn between just making it into a quiltlet or maybe bordering it up to about 100cm square, but in the meantime it's hanging up on my curtain rail with all the other stuff I'm indecisive about.

1 comment:

  1. I tried posting a comment earlier but it disappeared. I think this is beautiful. You really have a good eye for design. Maybe you can make this a doll quilt?

    ReplyDelete