Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Working with what I've got.

It turns out, there's a lot of rainbow stripes in my stash - two thirds of this bundle were just sitting there waiting, and there were 6 more that got taken out and replaced for a variety of reasons.


I'm thinking of doing the Lattice quilt with rainbow stripes and a blue background, just because I'd like to see what it would look like. I'm also thinking of doing it with 4 repeating solids, on a very dark grey, but I'm very slowly writing up a list of solids that I need next time I do a fabric shack order, and frankly, it's not urgent. The light blue of the background is a Prima from Spotlight, and it's a near perfect match to Kona Aqua.

Oh, and if you thought yesterday's maths was hard to understand, this is how it was actually worked out - on the bottom of a cardboard jewellery box, 2 square inches, because I couldn't find any paper handy.


3 comments:

  1. I think that a rainbow stripe quilt would be lovely. Im getting palpitations just seeing all those pretty fabrics. There aint a lot of stripes in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow stripe lattice quilt will be pretty amazing. I love stripes! I can't believe you did all those match on such a small piece of cardboard ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. all those maths is what I meant to say ...

    ReplyDelete