Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's a shame rainbow has only two syllables... it would work better in song with three.

So today, before my doctor's appointment I got my rainbow beanie/beret finished.

As evidenced by the last selfie, I'm not great at it, so I figured I'd take pictures on my bed head, as opposed to my actual head.


I think from the top/behind it looks like a gobstopper when you break it and look at all the layers


I wore it to my doctors appointment, where I got all chopped up (I've got a hellova lot of bandages for a 1 1/2cm incision) and the doctor recommended I give Bricanyl a go, if Ventalin was doing nothing to stop my cough. I did, but it didn't help, and the side effects of the Bricanyl are somewhere between being quite drunk and having had way too much coffee - an odd combination of tense and jittery and kinda dizzy and woozy, with an inability to concentrate. It's not been fun, and I'm back to work tomorrow, which is equally sucky.

Hopefully tonight though I get to sleep a bit earlier: I was up till 6am coughing, and since mum was working at The G till 3, she came in last night offering to take me to the kiddy ward at the hospital, since I last sounded like that when I was 4 years old.

I said no. Their wi-fi probably isn't all that great.

3 comments:

  1. I think you nailed it with your beret/beanie. The colours look amazing.(We'd be able to see you coming half a kilometre away)

    What bits did you get chopped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beret is beautiful! You definitely got the hang of crocheting. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beds for the Mummies in the childrens ward arnt that great so dont forget to tell Alice that before she takes you to the hospital, I spent saturday night there with Bob and on a scale of one to ten my bed didnt rate at all, hope your feeling better

    ReplyDelete