Friday, May 18, 2012

Babies, Trucks, Crappy Poetry and Head-Devouring-Moss.

Meagan had her baby (around 4.30pm, Thomas James, 8 pounds 1, 51.5cm) and cause he's a boy, I'm getting started on my "if it's a boy" quilt - based on this pattern called On The Road Again, since her fiancee is a truck driver. It needs a fair few changes though - the bonnet is too long (trucks have shorter heads here - many have no bonnets at all) and the gap between the truck and the trailer is too big and in Australia semi-trailers need to have at least 3 axles, so there's not enough wheels for it to be road legal.

And that led to this:

Scanned copies, so I can draw all over them.

Which led to this:

Trucks are big,
Quiltmath is hard,
If you expect a rhyme,
You'll be disappointed.

Having done the basic math, if not the cutting layout, I spent the rest of the night sitting in front of the fire crocheting. I even finished a beanie.

Unintentional crimes of fashion. Whatcha gunna do?


It looks horrible - like a killer moss is eating my head. Still, it helped me get a good idea of how much decreasing to do to get a nice curve, and since the next one I've started is using a fluro-pink and white 8-ply, I have somewhat higher hopes. I mean, you've gotta love a fluro and white combo.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to the new Mama and papa on the arrival of Thomas. Now the fun begins!

    I dont think your beanie looks that bad, although I have seen more flattering pictures of you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! you can crochet, that was certainly a quick lesson you had, if your coming around tonight I will show you an easy way to crochet a beanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Meagan .. what a beautiful baby! The beanie looks great and will come in handy this winter ... is there anything you can't do??

    ReplyDelete