Since today was my short day (where I start at 5.30 instead of 2) I not only had time to finish the quilting of the pink pavement quilt, I also went out to the shed and got some other unfinished quilt tops out to have a go at getting some more work done on them.
Remember this quilt top? June 5 last year, apparently, so it's been waiting nearly 10 months for any more work to be done on it.
Now it has a back. It's neither stunning nor revolutionary, but I didn't buy anything for it and that's what's important. I did have to go and buy a spool of brown cotton to quilt it with, but I don't think that counts.
I've decided to quilt it in diagonal wavy lines, which may just be the stupidest decision I've ever made. Diagonal lines are way way harder than straight ones - the against-the-grain cut shifts and stretches more, the weight of the rest of the quilt doesn't sit well on the sewing table and there always seems to be too much quilt and not enough throat to the machine. Still, I am making progress on something that's been sitting around for a while, and that feels good, especially when I realise how many unfinished quilts I actually have.
The ones with the pink scribble aren't crossed out because they're done - they're the ones I'm going to try to make progress on before I start another quilt, but I didn't have a real highlighter. The fact that I have 18 unfinished quilts means though that I have finished 50 quilts, which I didn't even notice as it was happening.
Looking through the full list too, there's a few that I have absolutely no idea of the location of - both unfinished ones and completed ones. maybe over easter I'll have a ferret around and see if I can find them.