Tonight I got home and the idea of having to either start on bindings or finish the awkward quilting on the falling pinwheels quilt didn't exactly fill me with joy. Nor did I really want to do anything with fussy back and forthing from the kitchen to the sewing machine, so that ruled out either making a bag or starting a new quilt. I probably should have just gone to bed, but having not sat at my machine in 3 days, I was feeling a need to sew something.
So I got an about 1m square scrap of batting, a couple of metres of Kona Black and spool each of rainbow variegated Guterman Sulky in 12 and 30. I basted in 10cm squares with dressmaking pins, and I sewed a consistent wave, with a left and a right between each pin. Then I sewed the same wave between the two, and reversed it between them.
I probably should have done a pillow before committing to an entire quilt, but really, it only took me a couple of hours. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, since it's a baby sized quilt in the least baby-ish of colours, but I like being able to say I've now done a wholecloth quilt.
Unfortunately, it's another thing now that needs binding, and even more unfortunately, it will have to be done by hand. I got all guilty about the fact that I'd caused myself to have to do more binding without having done any work on the other bindings, so I got the binding for the blue and grey quilt, which had been sewn but not pressed or folded, and did that with the black binding of the new one.
I've made the black binding very narrow (cut to 5.5cm, sewn .75cm wide) but I'm not in any hurry to get it finished. It's only small, so I'll do it over the next couple of weeks as new TV shows come out.