Monday, April 16, 2012

Home.

It's so nice to be home, in my own bed, under my own quilts, with my electric blanket. That 5 hour drive, after getting about the same amount of sleep last night, wasn't particularly fun. But loud music helped, and I only nearly died once. And even then, it wasn't that nearly.

Before that though, I spent a lovely afternoon at Shay's house, walking her through sewing a couple of zip pouches with really no swearing at all, trying to understand a tutorial that was missing about half the steps on a site which I had assumed would have higher standards, and getting there eventually, and then making a little pouch with a recessed zip, just to prove how easy it was. We also spent a lot of time playing with the dogs, being ignored by the cats, and watching my team thrash hers in the footy. Good times, and I can't wait till the end of July when we get to do it all again.

I've put all the new fabrics into their respective bundles, but there's still the other quilts in the finishathon to get through first - I think I have one more to quilt and then it's all bindings.

Ergh. I might have to run away again.

2 comments:

  1. It's not really running away if you have a destination, right? Sounds like a really zippy afternoon. Good luck on the bindings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you Im over my zipophoboa (sort of )

    I WILL try another one on my own this week and I bet there will be more swearing than there was yesterday but I will prevail.

    I actually had fun seeing you again. Come any time.

    ReplyDelete