Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hey...

Good news for my fellow Australians on this most solemn of days: fabric.com have finally got their act together with regards to international shipping prices. It was the only place I could find any of this, my new favourite fabric,


that I baulk at paying $24 a metre for from Stitch and Knit. I bought half a metre, because it really is that nice, and fabric.com only had 3 yards left, so I can't be the only person who feels that way. In the past, they would only fit 4 1/2 yards into a flat rate ($16ish) envelope, and then it shot way up, into the $50-60 mark to get the 9 yards that fabric shack would send for $8.

Tonight I decided I would try for 5 yards, and that worked! $16.95 postage. So I tried 7 1/2. And that worked too! I upped it to 10 yards before stopping, and even though it went up a little ($22 postage) I typed "fabric.com coupon" into google and it came up with BRTH11A, which got me 15% off my $70 of fabric.

Granted, there wasn't one of their super specials on like last time I bought a massive box from them, but still, even with postage, that makes them all about $8 a yard.

And after that interlude, it's back to quilting. I want this one finished by the time everyone gets up at 4.30 so we can head down to the Pt Mac dawn service. That's one of the good things about staying up all night - not having to get up early in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I am not able to post comments at work, which is when I usually read your blog. so if I am delinquent in my comments, that's why.

    I love the bright fabric and it's very cool that you are able to get things from fabric.com without having to pay the ridiculous postage costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know because I've wanted to buy from them a couple of times and their postage has been to horrendous for me to hit the commit button!

    ReplyDelete