Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ow

Do other people get pin finger? Or are they smart enough to own and use a thimble?

Anyway, I obviously pinned too much last night (shoes get kinda thick) and now the tip of my index finger is all sore and it hurts too much to pin anything.

So, naturally, to ease my sorrow, I went shopping. I was looking for a red and white stripe to add to a potential bundle and found a nice one at Stitch and Knit.


That solid is an off-white. It looks yellow. Anyway, once I'd added the red stripe, I had to take out a blue and a green, because they didn't look right anymore. So I made them into a new bundle, which coordinates very nicely with some John Deere fabric I bought for a backing.


But it seems a bit boy-ish. As does this bundle of Groove fabrics I bought at Stitch and Knit - They were $10p/m with a 30cm minimum cut.


But really, I've got 5 days to make a gender neutral baby quilt and a sea of fabric-choice-indecision. So after I'd given up on making bundles and auditioning maths, I packed up for the night, before spontaneously deciding to sew together some of the HSTs that have been hanging about since I cut waay too many making the big pinwheel quilt. 


I've done some tentative maths, and I need more white. Which means I'll probably accidently buy lots yet again.

2 comments:

  1. I always have a ton of white round here Just in case I need it. Love the DS HST's.

    Im glad you were able to alleviate your pin finger with a little retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the hardest time with neutral baby quilts. I made a yellow one and the baby was a girl so that was okay. Not sure it would have been okay if it had been a boy. Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete