Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I like zips.

Size 7 (standard chunky) zipper from Spotlight is available in black, white, navy and cream for (I think) $1.99p/m.

If you buy a zip around pencil case from Neds it costs you $4 and you have to do a bit of unpicking (but they use a very long stitch length, so it's very quick) but you get 2.5metres AND it's in pretty colours.

From this:


To this:


You only get 2 zipper pulls per pencil case, but they have rainbow ones with lots of short zips for $3 and you get about a dozen pulls from each of them.

Be not afraid of the zips, people. They can be your friends. 

Except the ones with the metal teeth. They chip your fingernails.

1 comment:

  1. And that's why I'm afraid of zips...those nasty teeth.

    I pulled the zips out of some old bags last year ...I still haven't practised. Your idea is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete