Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Settling.

So I've had my new (old) laptop for a few days now and we're going okay. Sure, Vista double and occasionally triple-checking if I want to do stuff is a tad annoying, but all I have to do is pretend I'm my mum and I feel the urge to install codecs or updates or add-ons drop right away. And yes, the touchscreen doesn't actually respond when you touch it with your finger, but I can still scribble myself a quilt pattern in paint using the pen, so that's okay. And while I haven't gotten used to the little nodule in the middle of the keyboard that you're meant to use instead of a touchpad, I've plugged a mouse in and that feels quite familiar, after using one with mum's laptop for the last month.

If I could work out what I actually want, I would buy it in a heartbeat, cause a lot of what goes on with this laptop isn't really what I'm looking for. But since I don't know what I'm looking for, I'll concede that what I'm looking at isn't doing too bad of a job.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how we can adapt even when we don't like what we're adapting to. What are you thinking of getting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good with touch pad . I just cant seem to get it. I must confess I rarely use my laptop ever.

    You'll find the right laptop..and when you do you're going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete