Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lessons. And also fish.

Remember a few weeks ago when I said that deconstructing items of clothing was a much better alternative to just plain old constructing them?

Yeah, I didn't, which is why I spent tonight sewing three different versions of a dress, none of which was quite right, before giving up and taking the slightly saggy bodice off of a dress I bought on ebay about a month ago, leaving me with a lovely hot pink silk skirt, which, when worn quite high over the same long singlet dress I was going to wear under the lace dress I was trying to make tonight, with a wide belt, looks excellent. Yay.

The other thing I learned tonight was that sewing with lace is a fantastic way to realise your fingernails are quite chipped. And that lifting up slimy, spiky, prone-to-crumbling rocks on the banks of the river in pursuit of the crabs that live underneath them is a surefire way to quite badly chip your fingernails.

The things I do for tiny delicious fish, and also to get my dad to stop nagging at me to come to the boat for the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. a picture of the excellent outfit would be greatly appreciated. am having a hard time visualizing.

    ReplyDelete