Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Here we go again...

Because I am a sucker.


I couldn't even find my old patterns, let along the half dozen half-faced monsters I know are somewhere. Lucky I posted all the patterns on here a while ago - look under the tutorial label if you're wanting it.

Spotlight didn't have any opaque white fabric paint, so I've had to sew on a layer of felt with a layer of white quilting cotton fused over the top - that's the only combo that properly covers the prints underneath, and doesn't pill like the felt does on it's own. Fortunately, without actually practicing or doing it all that often, I suddenly got quite good at raw edge machine applique. Yay me.

But my vision's starting to go blurry from staring intently at a turning circle of white and my bobbin ran out. And if an empty bobbin isn't a sign to stop for the night, I don't know what is. Maybe the fact that it's a quarter to five. That works too.

3 comments:

  1. I love your monsters. I really need to make some .. or if you want to send me one ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bobbin and the sewing gods were sending a clear message....

    The monsters look amazing Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeepers Sara if you get those done there will be some happy ladies. Might put the price up though dont you think?

    ReplyDelete