Saturday, December 3, 2011

Goood.

My favourite thing today, all week in fact, has been the word Dichotomy. It's not as much fun to say as Derivative, but I like it. I like it so much I considered making it my only favourite thing this week, but favourites are not diminished by the presence of other favourites: instead, they come together in harmony, like a choir of good stuff.

Uncles that can fix computers. They're excellent. 

Mum's laptop, that I'm using while mine is off being fixed. Also very handy.

Wedges. The potato variety. Yum.

Spare batteries for your phone. New batteries in your watch. 

99c Cadbury Flakes. (remember when that was full price?)

Going to the gym and re-watching season 1 of Buffy. The two go together better than you'd think.

The fact that it's summer. Not that you'd really know it, but it is.

Knowing where a tape measure is when you want one. This happens very very rarely. The knowing, not the wanting.

Clean, straight hair.

Lying on the grass, staring at the sky.

Buying something on Ebay that you had when you were a kid. 

Finally using some fabrics that have been in your stash for as long as you've had a stash.

Watching random movies with your bestie.

A phone case you can use as a wallet.

Really sharp scissors.

A new gym bag that's just the right size.

Crossing something off your to-do list.

Writing lists. As you can probably tell, I really like doing that :)

9 comments:

  1. a great list! makes me want to put all these down as my favorites too - but that'd be cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent list! What's a Cadbury Flake? Sounds delish. Enjoy your summer! I already miss ours. :) Happy FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't straighten my hair yesterday and Marg told me I looked like I'd been dragged backwards through a bush so I can identify with that favourite. (I just couldn't be bothered ya know? )

    I love lists too and crossing something off my list thrills my little heart .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your uncle Stevie can nurse your laptop back to good health, He is pretty darn clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'll have to have a "go" at making my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the potato wedges are definitely my favorite - I hope they're fried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, you are the Queen of FTF. Your lists are fantastic and when I read them I think " Why didn't I think of that ?"
    You are a real ray of sunshine. Well done!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list, there's some beauties on there. It's alway lovely to see all the things you love each week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey those are all great things! I got a kick out of words that are fun to say. I have some of those and darned if they're not escaping me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete