Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feelings

It's been a day of interesting feelings today. There was the time spent in the perfume section of Priceline, feeling ignorant and alienated (because I'm anosmic. Google it). There was the time tonight when I realised that I'd made a goddamn stupid mistake* on Casey's bag and had to spend 20 minutes unpicking the zipper, feeling stupid and angry at myself. But on the other hand, I got a small child happily into bed, and that felt quite good, since it's not something I would have previously considered myself capable of. And selling all the monsters tonight at Helen's, in the space of one slightly frenetic hour, actually felt kinda great. It's a lovely feeling to have my stuff be very much wanted, and, even though I'm certainly in no rush, to leave them already wanting more.

Now though, having pretty much finished Casey's bag (I've just got to neaten up and overlock the inside seams) I'm pretty much just feeling tired.

*I cut the vliesofix and had it as my pattern interfaced to the lining to give me the size I needed. But because it was the start of a new piece from spotlight, the edge was wonky and though I remembered to draw a nice straight line to square it off, I didn't actually cut that line, meaning one zipper edge was, at one end of the zip, over a centimetre wider than it should have been. And yeah, I didn't realise it till I had sewn, threaded and cut down the zipper.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I make a mistake like that .

    Honestly I would have nipped out to the shops and bought something instead of unpicking but Im slack.

    Merry Christmas Sara to you and yours. I'll have a shot Christmas night in your honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're anosmic. How did that happen or has it always been that way?
    I would hate making a mistake like that too, if I had half an idea of what you were talking about. I'll definitely take your word for it that it sucked. I"m sure the bag turned out beautiful.

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete