Monday, November 7, 2011

Shorts!

I love shorts! Even though they don't photograph brilliantly.

They're a bit creased, cause they were the first ones I made tonight and I put them on immediately.


This particular pair is a Hello Kitty flannel I had completely forgotten about because it was in the tiny bookcase hiding in my cupboard. I bought a couple of new fabrics too when I was in Spotlight getting elastic, cause they were just so gosh darn cute.


I made 6 pairs tonight which, with the 3 pairs I made last night, means I should be set for a little while at least. Though my crazy hoarding self thinks another five or six would be good too. They take about half a yard each, and I forgot how much waste you have with dressmaking as opposed to quilting, but it means I have plenty more cuts in my stash that I can turn into shorts if I so desire.

I'm starting to think I want to move to a warmer climate so I can wear cute shorts all the time. I'll need a new job too, cause the dress code at Woolies doesn't feature cute rainbow shorts at all. What an oversight.

I guess I'll just wait till my two weeks off in February. That's too far away :(

2 comments:

  1. Very cute short shorts. I wonder what would happen if I turned up in a pair of those work (aside from making people want to disinfect the eyeballs they saw me with )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I am amazed by all the different things you make. Quilts, bags, shorts, toys .. i can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with.

    ReplyDelete