Saturday, November 5, 2011

Salmon.

So today I got stuck in, even though I couldn't use the lounge room cause we were getting a new TV cabinet, and got my quilt top all finished. I'm calling it the Pink Pavement Quilt, although it's also been repeatedly referred to as "it's not pink, it's salmon..."


I got the one big piece of batting I had in the house and put it on the back of it for this photo (bamboo is very static-y) but the sad fact of the matter was that it was a 133cm wide piece of batting on the back of a 135cm quilt top. So I went into Spotlight, but they didn't have any cozy cotton, so I got wool cause there was a roll with 3 1/2 metres on it and it's 30% off if you finish the bolt at the moment. It's been 56 quilts since I used wool - my very first quilt was wool but I haven't used it since.

I had plenty of good intentions with regards to backing and quilting it tonight, but I ended up going into The G with the girls, and when we realised how crappy it was, we went on a midnight geocaching trip. Till 3am. As you do.

So yeah, not backed or quilted. Still, I'm loving it.

7 comments:

  1. Not backed or quilted ..but you only finished it yesterday. It looks lovely . This is one of my favourites from all the quilts you've shown so far.

    Pop on over anytime Sara -I have a 20 metre roll of batting in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful. absolutely beautiful. It's okay if it takes a couple of days (or weeks or months or years) to finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it looks great despite that it's not quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty no matter what color you call it. I like the layout, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color, whatever it's called! Beautiful quilt! And now I'm hungry for salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen it in real life and I can honestly tell everyone the photo's really dont do it any justice, it is absolutly Stunning in real life, one of my favourite's so far and belive me some of them have been beautifull, I have no idea what she will do for the backing, as if anyone would ever turn it over anyway because the front is too beautifull. Hey Sara Im pretty sure christmas is coming up and you do love me a lot, Dont you? Cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! And, not totally "girly" as a cotton-candy pink would have been!

    glad you had a fun night out with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete