Friday, November 4, 2011

Quilting again.

I don't normally stop halfway through a quilt, but it's late, and I'm tired, so I'll make an exception.

It's way pinker than it looks - this is just a terrible photo taken at 3am in my kitchen with my phone.

I'm really liking how it's turning out though. It took me ages to get started, what with a trip into town, some time spent playing with our new vacuum sealer that arrived in the mail and much, much food consumption, and then when I did get started on the cutting, Casey came and demanded the kitchen. And if it took me a while to get going the first time... well, I'll put it this way - I watched the Graham Norton show and then a bit of Conan O'Brien and then a bit of Letterman too and then I watched Question Time for a bit, because the TV guide on the screen said QI was going to be on after it, but not at what time, and eventually I got sick of it and turned it off and started quilting.

It's coming together fairly quickly, mainly I think thanks to those nice big 43cm squares there. The 6cm cornerstones are a bit of a bitch though, and I cut eight too few white strips. It's okay, I had plenty more white, so they're cut ready for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That's really pretty Sara. I love those fabrics. What are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say Wow! I know, I say that a lot, but that is really nice. What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete