Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fixed.

I have to admit something - there's a bit of a boo boo in the quilt I showed yesterday. It's not readily visible in the picture unless you're looking for it, but it's there.


See those two blocks in the bottom right corner? See how both the prints are going horizontal when in every other instance they're going vertical?


And see how now they're upright? Or, well, maybe you cant. It was a bit breezy today, and the quilt wouldn't sit still for it's photo. Here's the important bit.


I was going to leave them as they were. I had it half basted to the wool batting and everything (I miss the clingyness of cotton and bamboo) but I knew it would make me cross forever.

And once that was done I settled in for a hardcore sesh of lying on the grass in the backyard until it was time to go to work. And when I got home I drafted myself a pattern for some short shorts, spent about an hour searching for just a couple of metres of the seventeen billion metres of elastic I've purchased over the last 23 years, eventually found some less than stellar woven stuff in mum's old sewing cabinet, and used that. It's not like it needs to hold up that much fabric - they're very short shorts.

3 comments:

  1. And where are the photo's of the shorts or are they to short to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have left it but Im lazy like that....

    At least you can wear short shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have left it - call it lazy or call it an appreciation for a small imperfection that makes something unique. Very pretty 'salmon' quilt!

    ReplyDelete