Friday, October 28, 2011

Would a rose by any other name still stab you with it's pointy stem?

Tonight I made a wheat bag with pearl barley instead. Can I still call it a wheat bag?


Yes, it's pieced, because, well, why the hell not? Final size is about 15cm square, and it feels heavier than the ones with wheat in them - about the same weight as the big one I made the other night, which probably has about a third more wheat in it. Tomorrow night I might get some more buckwheat and make a matching pair; same size, fabrics and volume of grain to see which I prefer.

The back is more chopped up denim, because I like any excuse to touch it. It's touchable.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Sara, a wheat bag with pearl barley is called a "Heat Bag" either way I just hope you like it. I find the pearl barley isnt as sharp and pointy as the wheat can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!

    I made a few of these a couple of years ago. I should probably make Miss P one since she steals mine every time she comes here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some new ones, I made some years ago that look like chickens and now we all say we are taking the chicken to bed :-)

    ReplyDelete