Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stubby Holders

Today I happened to empty the tub that had some insulbright in it. So I stopped emptying tubs and started making stubby holders instead.

I cut the edges really really wide when I was doing the offset quilt especially so I could make a stubby holder.

The ones on the left match my handbag. The one on the right... Can you think of a better fabric to make a stubby holder out of?
It still kinda blows my mind that people overseas don't have stubby holders. They must just have cold hands and warm drinks. Poor buggers - I'm gunna write up a tutorial for them. It's ridiculously easy.

After I got bored with making stubby holders I started on a quilt. It's just big squares of pretty fabrics but I had a fabric selection breakdown halfway through cutting. I'm okay with it now, and it's all neatly laid out in pairs ready to sew tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I would absolutely LOVE for you to write us a tutorial for the 'stubby holders'. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we use those in America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're enjoying your holidays. It looks like plenty is going on.

    Love those selvage stubby holders. Cute as!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! I would also LOVE a tutorial on how to make them :-) I know people who use the foam type & I think they may enjoy trading them in for some home-made versions.

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete