Monday, October 17, 2011

Nothing.

Okay, so I know I said we should never speak of it again but it's been on my mind. Saturday night was the first time I've drunk so much I couldn't remember what happened. And I spent most of yesterday feeling guilty about it, and also quite sick. Today however, I'm annoyed at myself. I know I have what is basically very early onset amnesia, seeing as how I can't really remember very much of anything*, ever, even when stone cold sober, but I can usually at the very least remember snippets. But from the sounds of things, I had a wow of a time, up to and including falling off the stage, and instead of warm, fuzzy, slightly guilty memories, all I have is a bruised coccyx. And a faint disgust for whoever decided that that word should be spelled that way. It's the bum bone, in case you were wondering.


I'm just a bit bummed (no pun intended) that I was having all this fun and I missed it.

*except song lyrics and credit card details. Some theories as to why include my lack of a sense of smell (the sense with the closest link to memory), the fact that I live too in the moment to worry about the past and the remote possibility that we do in fact live in the matrix and my brain refuses to accept it. But probably not the last one.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard the saying "If you can remember Woodstock you weren't really there?. Your Saturday night was a bit like that from the sounds of it.

    We all end up with a bruised bum bone, no memory and a sore head occasionally. Vegemite and toast and chocolate milk are the best hangover cures. Remember that for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you turned into your sisters for the night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the workd coccyx. Although I never knew it was spelled that way until I saw your post. BTW, Shay's quote is awesome.

    ReplyDelete