Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hiding

There are some people that desperately want the name of this blog. It makes me laugh, because they have sooks that they can't get to it, but type in my name and the word "quilting" (cause I've told them it's a blog about quilting, even though lately it's been about everything but) and it comes up on the first page.

If I was writing a report card on their detectoring skills, at the bottom I would put "must try harder"

And then I would white-out the word "harder" because really, they're not trying at all.

Anyway, what I must try harder at is making time to sew. I was going to tonight, having come home on time and all, but Casey was on my bed watching Miranda (fantastic BBC show. highly recommended. Reminds us very much of ourselves) so I sat on my bed and watched it too. I could have sewn the strips for the extension of the brown quilt (I like to think of it as the "snack" quilt, because it's like Cadbury Snack, with the brown chocolate and all the different colours of goo) or I could have done some work on the bag of pockets from long long ago. I could have cut the binding for the black and rainbow zigzag quilt, which has been waiting for a few months. Now though it's too late, because I ate two rolls of peppermint chocolate and now I'm pinging on a massive sugar high instead. I'm no longer allowed to operate heavy machinery. Or a rotary cutter. Or a laptop it would seem.

If anyone wants me, I'll be the one over here playing bejeweled and waiting for the rush to go away so I can go to sleep.

Parents, warn you children: massive amounts of chocolate at 1am is not, and never will be, a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. you could always send them to Shay's blog and then they could find you from there .. or perhaps they just need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be bothered sewing last night either. It must be something in the air.

    I did crumpets and vegemite at 9pm .It definitely doesn't have the same effect. I was asleep by 10!

    ReplyDelete