Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Never seem to find, what I'm looking for...

I'm feeling so impatient that I could have a jumpy uppy downy foot stomping balled fists tantrum right now.

Buuut... I have no idea what I'm impatient for. Whatever it is, I want it, and I want it right now.

Maybe it's for the webpage with the song lyrics I was going to post between lines of actual typing. That's taking bloody forever, but I don't think that's it.

I think it's that my life still hasn't picked up from after the new carpet. Just because there's bookshelves, doesn't mean they're attached to the wall, and just because I have lots and lots of fabric, doesn't mean it's not stuck out in the shed still. Just because I have planned stuff, doesn't mean I can get started on it. And it's driving me insane. I'm struggling to find time for sewing between work and two social lives and when I do find time, I think to myself "Do I want to go out to the shed and find the fabric I need?" I really don't, and I know I don't. It was hard to pack up, and I found myself regularly wishing for it to just be done already, but putting it all back is feeling like it might almost be an insurmountable task, like maybe all those times I took holidays with the intent to clean my room I was doing it the wrong way around, and I really need some holidays just to put my room back together. To put myself back together.

God, that sounds pretentious. Imagine though, how much worse it would have been with some 80s rock lyrics in there. Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. My "new" song of the moment. I'm really really loving it. Like, on constant repeat in the car, loving it.*  

"I don't know where I'm goin, but I sure know where I've been..."

"An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time, but here I go again..."

And a bit where it transitions from soulful, clenching your fist power ballad to epic 80s rock by means of a nice little drum solo... It really is fast highway driving perfection.

(But a word of warning though, if you get a little too into the drum solo and start banging on your steering wheel, your horn will toot. If you do this in the driveway, even if everyone in the house is asleep, you will feel epically embarrassed.)


*I discreetly turn repeat off when someone else is in the car, lest they think me weird. But I know it's folder 4, track 28, so I can find it again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're waiting for something in your life to come together. You're looking for progress and movement.

    Dont thank me- I get paid to analyze. It's a gift. And if I got it wrong don't tell me because I'm feeling fragile today.

    I grew up in the 80's and it was the best decade ever- pretention and all.

    ReplyDelete