Friday, August 5, 2011

Inspiration and a warning.

It's been a while since I've actually felt inspired to quilt. I don't know if I've been subconsciously doing it on purpose, because I knew I didn't have the opportunity to with all my fabric in the shed and my machine in it's cabinet, or if it's the best timed fluke in all of human history. Either way, today, the day before the final shelf gets put up and I can bring all my fabric back inside ready to be used, a lady was in shopping at work wearing an olive green hoody that was lined in a very cute print of droplet shapes in all different browns. I don't know how many browns I have in my stash, but I hope it's a lot. And olive green too. I want to make that lady's jumper into a quilt.

In the meantime, I have to make a bag for a friend, which will be a bit boring since he's picked a plain pink with polka dots as her fabric (how terribly dull) but will at least give me the chance to take all the photos I need for a gym bag tutorial.

And my random amusement for the day: while I haven't been buying fabric lately I've instead been looking on ebay for more watches. And tonight, I realised that all of these watches I like, I keep putting them in my "watch" list. Tee hee.

Too much time spent without fabric can damage your brain. Warn your friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm picturing you dumping all your fabric onto the bed and floor and every other available space and rolling round in it , under it and on it joyously before you get to the cutting and sewing stage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last statement in your post...thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete