Friday, August 19, 2011

Forever Young

If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life, it would be this one.


I fell in love with this song when if first came out. After the surprise commencement of my single life, the love didn't wane, but it was a little bit too raw - it felt a bit like the song was stuck in a time and a place, and I wasn't there any more. But songs are one of the few areas in which the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" idiom runs true, and now that it's back on high rotation in my life, I hope it doesn't get left behind again.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. This reminds me of the old days! And I really don't feel as old as I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this song when it came out too and it's still one of my favourites.

    I have loads of 80's songs that evoke instant memories of my early 20's- not all of them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song too Sara but I don't think I have ever seen a clip to go with it...I loved it! Songs are amazing how they can shoot you right back to when you first heard it. Great FTF.

    ReplyDelete