Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Feeling it.

Today I did some quilting. It felt really good, even though I didn't really make as much progress as I was kinda hoping I would. But to be fair, some cutting, strip piecing about 18 metres of seams, pressing it all, chopping it back into little bits and getting it sorted as I sewed those little bits in pairs is probably about what you would expect from 3 hours of work. Especially if you did some babysitting, cooked and ate lunch and watched TV as you were doing it. If I hadn't had to go to work I think I would have gotten the top done, but oh well. Now that I am feeling like quilting again, I' happy to wait till tomorrow to do some more work on it, whereas before I would have been bummed that the damn thing wasn't done already.

Of course, there is the problem of the two half done bags that I'm now feeling that way about. I'm not very good at balancing my passions. It's something I need to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Shove the bags in corner out of sight and ignore them for a while longer. It sounds like you're in a quilting mood. You amaze me with your ability to get a quilt top done in a couple of days.

    I hate that work interferes with my creative process. Some days I just wake up in a quilting mood but I'm already committed to going off to save the world for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. If you don't feel like doing the bags, put them away until you're ready to do them. No use doing it if you don't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete