Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Even bigger whoops.

Anna and I are in agreement - we have made a horrible, nasty, rookie mistake.

We didn't take a day off before our roadtrip.

Now I at least don't have a packing problem. I need to chuck a pair of skinny jeans in the wash and find myself a pair of plain black undies but that's it. Anna on the other hand is still wardrobeathoning it as I type, at 3.30am. That's the advantage of always having spare sets of clothes packed. I'm good at it by now. Don't worry though, I have plenty of shit that still needs doing.

I've given up on getting any more work done on the brown quilt before we go. It was a nice idea, to have a brand new quilt to take with me to Adelaide, but it's not gunna happen. I will take one of the others. Instead I'm sewing some lace and some straps onto my brown dress. I'm doing them by hand though, so I've realised I can do it in the car on the way up there. There has to be some upside to not driving, right?

Oh, and I was gunna finish Dad's quilt, the one that I nearly all did (except for putting the press studs and the back on to make it a quilt cover set) for him jut before father's day last year. But I'll probably buy him a giant Whitman's Sampler from woolies instead. Mainly cause I want the box, but we'll keep that a secret.

I need to pick my designated hour's worth of music. I need to charge about a dozen batteries. I'd like to make a little coin purse to go with my pub handbag so I don't have to have my actual purse in it. I need to sort out some car food for myself, but only a little bit because the car is going to be fairly full. I need to wash and straighten my hair. I need to shave my legs. I need to find out if Becky's tax cheque has come through yet. I need to go to Spotlight and get some thin black satin ribbon, because I can't find any. I need to make myself a map of all the Salvos stores in the city.

I need to go to bed, because I need to go to work in 10 hours. And the post office before that.

2 comments:

  1. I'd avoid the Salvos and hit some of the smaller op shops here instead. Much better prices and bargains. I'll email you a list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a ton of stuff to do .. but it also sounds like you're on top of it.

    ReplyDelete