Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Adorabubble.

Today I got around to finishing the bag I started Saturday.

It is, to quote Meagan, adorabubble.


I had to change my strap plans when I realised I had made it quite wide. Of course, I knew when I designed it that it was going to be quite wide but I didn't really think it all the way through, so I had to go with whatever purple ribbon I had. Two lengths, sewn together along most of it, but split at the bag end so one goes in either side. I think it looks cool though, like there's two straps but I've somehow clicked them together.






I didn't do the interfacing on the underneath of the flap very well and it's a bit bubbly but it's underneath so it doesn't matter. The zipper is invisible because it was all I could find. Which is a bit ironic, if you think about it.





And this is what it holds. Keys, puffer, deodorant, phone and wallet. Although I'm thinking of making a pub wallet to match it. I'd always shied away from making wallets, because in my opinion, the smaller the thing you're making, the harder it will be. But I made the tiny adorabubble pub bag, maybe I can make an equally adorabubble purse to go in it.

I still have about a third of the fat quarter left.

2 comments:

  1. That's cute Sara! I love the fabric.

    I got the irony of the zipper. I don't know how you can be so funny at 4am!

    Maybe you should think about making adorabubble pub bags for your next market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I don't know how you make these things without a pattern. amazing!

    Agreed on selling the bags at the market .. they are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete