Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shortcuts

Today, I once again proved my awesomeness by fixing my harddrive which had shat itself when it went to visit Meagan. One area in which I'm failing though is my quest to work out a perfect re-do of the audio and lighting out in the bar.

The bar is, sortof, Dad's shed. It's where the drinking and the partying happens - there's an actual bar, and a pool table that can be converted into a pingpong/beerpong table, and an old 10c one armed bandit poker machine, and a pinball machine that only works when it feels like it, and a frogger machine that decided a few years ago that it wanted to be German, and we haven't yet worked out how to make it speak English again. All that's great, but the sound system is over 15 years old now, and consists of a great deal of obscure cables that I've sourced over the years to keep all the old bits working, while still allowing me to put in some new bits. The cables to the speakers, which are very old, sometimes get chewed through by mice, and I'm thinking more and more that it would be lovely to maybe buy some nice high end wireless speakers. And a new stereo system. One that plays nice with my laptop, and people's phones or ipods. I could extend the internet's reach to out there, and we could stream music through youtube. I could get a mini-projector, and we could watch movies on the wall. I could make it all properly bitchin' but I'm struggling to find the ebay search terms I need to do so. This makes me sad. If only everything in life could be sorted with a bit of attrib -h -r -s /s /d i:\*.*

That would be truly awesome.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone can bend ebay to their will you can.

    Your outdoor bar sounds bitchin' already. Especially the German talking frogger machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara
    If anyone can bend ebay to their will you can.
    Your outdoor bar sounds bitchin' already. Especially the German talking frogger machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bar sounds amazing -- I guess I didn't realize you were such a techie person. I need someone like that to come visit me every now and then .. if you're ever in California ..

    ReplyDelete