Friday, July 8, 2011

(not) Feeling it.

Some days, I don't know what to do or what to think. I flit from one thing to another and nothing really holds my attention for long.

I feel a bit bad that the first night in a while that I come home at a reasonable hour, I just lay on my bed and fiddle around with the computer. I feel bad that I haven't done any quilting since I finished the pinwheel top. I feel bad that I haven't really felt any motivation to.

Well, that's a lie. I considered quilting the rainbow and black zigzag quilt. It's sitting there all nice and basted, I could just do it. I've decided to just follow the zigzags on the black side in black. I considered a wave stitch but I like the cleanness of the lines. I'd probably feel better if I did both sides of the seams but I'm sure it will be fine.

I have tomorrow off. I might get something done then.

Tomorrow is Friday. I need to think of some things I am liking this week. Things other than new socks, of which I bought 15 pairs today, and plastic containers that look like apples but are actually full of mini M&Ms. I sorted them into two colour groups - red, blue and brown and green, yellow, orange and pink. I just felt like doing it.

I should write up the instructions for the bag. I'm thinking of making myself a smaller one. I don't really have need for a smaller one, but I worked out the maths for a half yard one tonight. I have lots of half yards, so I won't need to buy more fabric. Although I'd quite like to try it with the plastic stuff over it. Maybe I will buy some of that. Has anyone ever used that stuff? Will my machine chuck a hissy fit?

I think I should go to bed now. But I forgot to put on the electric blanket. I will go have a snack instead.

2 comments:

  1. we all have days like that .. sometimes I have weeks like that. Hope your Friday is as productive as you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep definitely have days like that. I should be sewing now but instead I'm hanging out at the computer reading blogs. Oh well, too bad. There's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete