Thursday, June 23, 2011

Woohoo!

It's not finished, but the blocks are. And so long as the blocks are finished, I can plop them all out on the floor to get an idea of how it will look.


I need to actually put some effort into where each colour goes, I kinda just plopped these wherever. But it's nice to remember that at the end of all these seams will, eventually, one day, be a quilt.

I split my border seams even though it makes for a small but very thick lump. I just feel better about it. It took me an hour and a half to get them all done, pushed way back by the fact that Anna and I went to maccas after work and didn't leave till 12.30. Still, it gave me my facebook status for the evening: I wish "steam the shit out of it" was the solution to all of life's problems, instead of just the ones related to quilting.  

So what if I can't fix everyone's problems. I can press a damn good seam, and for tonight, that just might be enough.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! beautiful! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Wow! Wow!I love the alternating sized pinwheels! They look fabulous.

    Can you come and press my seams. I have about 300 of them to do this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow too, it looks fabulous Sara.
    I try to press open my seams most of the time. It takes longer but I think it looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks! I like the different sizes and the colors you've used. It will be gorgeous when all put together. Are you going to put borders on it it?

    ReplyDelete