Saturday, June 11, 2011

Well, I feel as if I should do a post.

Seven drinks in eight hours left me free to drive home, which was jolly good, since everyone's asleep, and although my sisters may find no shame in waking us up, I would. Sleep is important.

I must say, for a night when we weren't going as hard as we could have, it was damn fun. We went to dero-oke at the federal, but Mel wasn't there so even thought I put us down for some songs, none of us sang. And then we went to the G*, and then dirty shads**. Where there was much gyrating to be done, and, I'll be honest, I didn't recognise ANY of the songs. I haven't listened to the radio in over a year, and it only shows when I'm at the pub. Or dirty shads. Still, it's possible to gyrate to a song without knowing it. It's all stupid doof doof crap anyway, but I suppose it's tough to gyrate to "take me home, country roads"

But yeah, damn fun, when there's five girls in your group and one boy. Who's so out of his depth it's not funny, but hilarious. He's adorable though, and the way he reacts when Meagan and I dirty dance is utterly priceless, for all that you can't laugh in front of him in case we hurt his feelings. I'd kinda forgotten what it was like to take teenage boys to the pub.

Can one be a cougar at 23? Nah, I didn't think so. Nevermind.

Anyway, here's a bit of Joe Nichols that Meagan and I were singing between the Federal and the G.


She can handle any champagne brunch, bridal shower with Bacardi punch, jello shooters full of Smirnoff, but tequila makes her clothes fall off...

Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't have any tequila then, isn't it?

*The G is the Gambier Hotel, where one may get their drink on till 2am, after the Federal Hotel has closed at midnight.

**Dirty Shads is what everyone calls Shadows, which is a kinda crappy nightclub you go to 15 minutes before the G closes, because so long as you're in by 2, they let you stay till 4am.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I used to hang at Shadows from time to time. I cant believe it's still going....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay, Shadows is still open because you have to have somewhere to go to buy your drugs and get your head kicked in for free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and finally Blogger lets me log in and make comments after two weeks of trying

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's only free if you get there before midnight

    ReplyDelete