Monday, May 2, 2011

It's far too early...

Remember the Arcadia Layer Cake I was considering on eBay, but I figured I'd probably have to pass up because I though it would sell for more than I was willing to pay?

Well, I was right. But instead of going for somewhere in the mid $40 range, like I thought it would (which would have put it on par with most layer cakes at local quilt shops in Australia after I'd added postage) it went for US$77... which is about what you'd pay for a very full flat rate envelope of full price designer fabrics from fabricshack.com

On the other hand, my boot buying has gone a bit better - I didn't win either of the middle of the night pairs, but yesterday I bought a pair from within Australia* for $60 and today the pair that I really really wanted, which had a start bid of $35 and a buy it now option of just under $400, didn't seem interesting to anyone else, so I got them for $35. Sweet, even with $40 postage.


And I'm still pottering away at Vistaprint - today I'm trying to think up some slightly more polite mugs.

It's kinda a self fulfilling prophecy mug.

And in case you were wondering why I'm posting this when I'd still normally be sleeping in - my car had to be dropped off at the mechanics at nine this morning. It was horrible, I don't know how you all do it.

I'm thinking I might go have a nap.


*It totally bums me out now buying stuff from Australia, because I can't quietly say to myself "in your face, American Dollar" - I feel kinda like I'm missing out on a bargain.

2 comments:

  1. is arcadia that nice?? Some people are crazy. Congrats on the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that's expensive fabric ! I;d be thinking twice about that too!

    Way to go with the boot buying. Dont you love a bargain? For 75 bucks less our wonderful AUD exchange rate I think you did really well.

    I must confess Im late commenting- probably the shock of seeing you post at a time you normally dont. Hope you survived the day !

    ReplyDelete