Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Distractions.

Blogger is chucking a hissy fit and insisting I'm not following any blogs. What a poo bum. So if you've done a post today, I'm sorry, I can't read it.

There's not much point reading this one either, since I haven't actually done anything tonight - well, anything sewing related. Today there was not one but two big boxes from Vistaprint and I've spent the last 3 hours cutting out shapes from a magnet with a razor blade. Those things are in serious need of a ergonomic redesign - my fingertips feel very strange, and it took me at least two dozen goes to get the lighter to work. Good news though, sheet magnet burns just fine, but I really need to empty out all the ash from the fireplace. I need to get one of those blades on a stick tomorrow, but the best I could come up with at midnight was a raid of Dad's shed. Lucky I have a wide range of cutting mats to use in conjunction, and I discovered that the back works better because it doesn't have all the little bumps and ditches caused by cutting on the same line over and over.

Now that The Thomas Crown Affair has finished, I'm gunna go to bed, and try to get up at a reasonable hour (by which I mean 11.30am instead of 2.30pm)

2 comments:

  1. I am continually amazed at all the interesting and varied things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger wont let me write new posts or edit either ...it seems Blogger is staging a strike today.


    By the time you get up at 11.30 I'll have been at work for 4 hours -with another 8 to go today...

    What are you doing with the magnet shapes - enquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete