Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sweet...

I am loving loving loving how these backs are turning out.

Finished back to the Blue, Green and Purple Disappearing Nine Patch

Don't get me wrong - it's still feeling like a slog. I think it's the lack of "sew, press, proceed" routine that's getting to me. There isn't really much more of a plan to it than "42cm long, 10, 15 or 20cm wide. Sew into squares to liking"

Back in progress for Autumn Nutmeg Quilt. Edge triangles have been sewn together, but whole square blocks are just lying there. I realised just now that I don't have a photo of the top either, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.


Still, this will be my third back done in a week. That's good progress. Granted, it's not progress on what I should be making progress on (Quilt for Helen for her birthday, 8 days) buuuut... Remember when I said I was gunna get half my unfinished projects done before #50? I'm gunna get there. I've got quilts at every stage; cut but with no piecing done, blocks pieced but not assembled, tops with no backs, basted quilts, quilts with binding half attached, and freshly finished quilts.

I have one to fully bind and one to finish binding on, three, nearly four (with my half done one above) to quilt, and one more (Helen's) to make a back for. And with the two mini zigzag quilts, and the Newsprint Mingle Quilt, that's over half my unfinished quilts all finished!

Well, it will be, when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. You didnt bring me the autum coloured quilt to look at. That looks beautifull. Its good to set a deadline and then challenge yourself to meet it. Dont stress about my bithday, Im going to make out it isnt happening. Im not in denial I would just much rather celebrate and make a fuss on some one else's birthday and let mine slip by un-noticed, that would be the best present ever.

    ReplyDelete