Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stuff!

Okay, time for a proper post now. Today, instead of actually getting anything done, I just got stuff.

As well as the aforementioned stylus, the post office had a lovely big box of fabric for me.

In it was two 1.5yard pieces of funkadelic flanelette, which I will use for backings when I come up with a suitably funkadellic front.


14 half yard pieces of various fabrics. Randomly selected by the "ooh, that looks nice" method. They were all $5 a yard I think.


I kinda forgot I had ordered this - possibly I should have waited to finish off the Autumn Nutmeg back and added this in. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make another one :)


Seven half yards, and I think it cost me about $19. They're still $8.59/y at fabricshack.com.

After getting all of that, I still had to go to spotlight to get some gold coloured thread to quilt with. Normally I just use white, but I really didn't like the look of it for this one. While I was there I got a half yard of some tulip fabric for the back of Helen's quilt, and they had finally got some big metric rulers in.


Despite the fact that I already have two 15x30cm ones, it's not the same as having a 15x60 cm one. I had a 20% off voucher too so it was about $12. Jolly good. Oh, and the little bundle is a fat eighth that I get sent with the big box of fabric. They sent a quilting magazine too. I think the 13.5 yards of fabric cost me about $115 including postage, and their communication was fantastic. I got lots so my postage was a fair bit - over $40 but it was a box because I got some flanelette and the postage cost written on the box was within a few dollars of what I paid. I don't know that they would be that cheap if you were getting full priced fabrics, but they had a big range of clearance fabrics so that made it pretty good value. I'd say way better than fabric.com but not quite as good as fabricshack.com's $7 postage.

3 comments:

  1. some great finds! can't wait to see what you do with all that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the first lot of fabrics! rainbow is my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so you've gone crazy fabric shopping again ....


    I like the rainbow fabric a lot!

    ReplyDelete