Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sorry.

I feel kinda bad that you all got really excited about my invention, but really, when I said I was the only one who needed it, I was telling the truth. Sorta. What I meant was, it's not something any of you guys will need. The most awesome thing about it in fact, is the way it demonstrates my thought process.

So here's the story. I've been getting a bit sick of lugging my laptop back and forth from the machine to the lounge so that I can keep watching whatever it is that I'm watching. I finally got my android tablet back after not one but two sisters decided they wanted to use it for a few weeks, so I thought, Hey, I'll watch stuff on that.

Problem is though, it doesn't stand up. I had a look a while back for plate stands, since they'd be perfect, but I couldn't find them any where. I had a go at elastic banding it to a photo frame, but the tension caused the plastic to crack. And then, last night, it came to me.


The Sausage Stand.

Basically what it is is four 10" bits of ribbon, sewn together into two tubes with a small narrow base connecting them, and stuffed. Original version had 6 bits of ribbon making two fat tubes instead of one fat and one narrow, but this doesn't get in the way of the very bottom of the screen like that one did.


You put the tablet in between the two tubes.


Front to the lower side
.

The cushionyness on the back holds it up.


And you wiggle it to a bit of an angle, and hey presto. Totally portable squishy little sausage stand.

I will admit, the corners are a bit inelegant, but hey. While everyone else is buying shmansy stands for their tables, I made mine from 50c worth of ribbon and a bit of stuffing.

My brain is the bomb. :)

3 comments:

  1. very nice! thanks for not making me wait until tomorrow to find out what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. You could make those and sell them on Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Typical Sara - thinking outside the square!

    ReplyDelete