Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On Top Of Spaghetti...

Quilting-wise, I'm finding it quite hard to get motivated this week. It could be that I'm getting masses and masses of internet and a new reset date, and as usual I'm desperate to use it all up before it resets a week early, so I'm downloading and watching new shows at a feverish rate. Or it could be that I've limited myself to quilting and binding, and boy is that a downer.

Good news though, Lincraft sent me a $10 voucher, though I'm gunna wait till thursday to use it just in case my beloved 8fq bundles go on sale next week. You never know. And Spotlight sent us out a Spend $100 Save $40, just in time for me to take it to Adelaide. I might even get Helen to print me a spare or two (did you know you can do that? if you get the special vouchers emailed to you, you can just print out a many as you want!) Just in case I feel the need to go off at more than one store. I've found 6 in Adelaide, though Gepps Cross has been established as a bit shite, Melrose Park is apparently all homewares and Munno Parra and Noarlunga are a wee bit out of my way. Still, with just Rundle Mall and Clovercrest, that's a 200% increase in apparently quite good Spotlight stores in Adelaide compared to the Mount.

See what I did there? That's how you make maths your bitch. You can make the numbers say whatever you want if you try hard enough. What I want them to be saying is "your dinner is ready" - they do this by sitting on my oven and reading 12.05. 3 minutes to go.

Apart from cooking myself some spaghetti, all I've really achieved today is one of my usual overwritten lists. I'm the queen of the lists; big, expansive ones with sub-lists and a tendency to get lost within 15 minutes of being written, but that's okay cause then I can write another one.

*short break to eat spaghetti*

*back, but with the meatball song stuck in my head, despite the fact that I have my spaghetti without sauce*

I've hung onto this list for nearly 3 whole hours now, which is jolly good, since it's got some useful stuff.

Up the top: "sculpey/fimo!?!?"

Because when you're not sure what crafts people want to do/have the tools/skills/space to do, sculpey/fimo (whichever I can get cheaper, since it's kinda the same) is the answer. Even if they don't have an oven, I can bring it home and bake it. I need to look up some easy tutorials online, but I think it's a winner.

Somewhere in the middle: "how to smuggle contraband into rehab???"

I'm not sure. I've heard others are doing it and I'd appreciate some tips, but so far it's either put it into a real coke bottle, at which point it goes flat, or be sneaky, and change the packaging on a regular bottle. This would seem fairly easy, but the bottle lids are different colours. So it will take a bit of pre-planning.

Down the bottom: "What in-cinema movies? Take on lappy or put on tablet? test formats on tablet. Would Bill have a projector? need speakers. What's policy on illegaly downloaded movies playing on the walls of government buildings? Is scoffing cinema food inappropriate? - stop in penola on way and get lots of raspberry twists"

The little writing is my sub-listing. As for the whole actual bit? Dunno. Last movie I downloaded for Kelsey (Black Swan) she said creeped her out. I'm thinking Gnomeo and Juliet and maybe Rango, if I can find it in the next couple of days, unless I get a request.

In other news, since it's stuck in my head, it may as well be stuck in yours too

On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese.
I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table, it rolled on the floor,
And then my poor meatball, rolled out of the door.
It rolled in the garden, and under a bush,
And then my poor meatball, was nothing but mush.
The mush was as tasty, as tasty could be,
And early next summer, it grew to a tree.
The tree was all covered, with beautiful moss.
It grew great big meatballs, and tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti, all covered with cheese,
Hold on to your meatball, and don't ever sneeze.

4 comments:

  1. I got one of those vouchers ..and immediately thought of you and this weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to need some fabrics for a paper piecing quiltalong I'm about to start so the timing was good. The Clovey Spotlight is about 5 minutes from my house.

    I work for the government - so it would be a sackable offence for me to tell you how to smuggle contraband into re-hab. Ditto to encourage you to use government walls to play your movies.Im going to forget I ever saw this post.

    I have visions of them patting you down and all sorts of things being confiscated when you get there. Call me if you get arrested. I have friends in high places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shay she is trying to smuggle food and soft drink into an eating disorder clinic, how bad would it be. She is more at risk from being knocked over by hungry people than being arrested. I think you could just play your movies on the air space between your laptop and the wall, if the image hits the wall just tell them they are hilusinating because your watching the bit thats in the air not the bit that already hit the wall. I know that dosnt really make sense but its an eating disorder clinic, nothing makes sense there. As for hiding things on your body, well dont you watch the border customs show, of course you stick it up your handbag or in the bottom of your crafting suitcase and if you get caught just say your Mum must have put it there, who wouldnt believe that

    ReplyDelete
  3. After only 50+ years, I finally find out what all the words to that classic song are. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gunna be stuck in there all day now...

    ReplyDelete