Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whoopsie.

So, like, I know I wasn't supposed to, but when I went to Lincraft before work to get some zipper I accidentally bought myself 5 1/2 metres of fabric.

It was half price though, and most of it is lovely and bright.


I know what you're all thinking - that grey fabric is sooo not me. But interspersed with all the thinking about a really big rainbow quilt, is the desire to do something really nice and grown up.

How weird is that?

I also got 20 bag magnets for no reason except that they were $11. Which is much nicer than the $2-$3 each they usually cost.

And tonight, after spending and hour and a half of my shift at work calling Telstra 10 times* in an effort to help a customer with a $10 music voucher, I came home and made this.


Which has photographed really badly but actually looks quite nice.

One more day and then I have a day off. Then I have to miss the rodeo (though there have been offers to call in sick on my behalf) and then it's three weeks of holidays.

Very much looking forward to it.

*First guy was great, but got cut off. Next 8 calls went to the wrong department, no matter how many times I said "music" or pressed 5 and then 4, and not a single person in ADSL or wireless could either help or redirect me to someone who could. Tenth lady took 20 minutes to eventually inform me that because it randomly generates voucher numbers, it would inevitably re-create one eventually, which is why the voucher that got printed today is registering as being expired 2 years ago. "Tell the customer to go to a real telstra shop." You know what? It's ten fucking dollars. I've been paid twice that in the time I've been on the phone to you. How about I just give the lady another one. And why didn't I just do that in the first place?
This is why people should just download stuff illegally. By wasting my time, you're hurting the economy more than torrenting does.

3 comments:

  1. Purse looks great, did you think to get me any fabric. I want that red with the white spots Im going to cover an antique stool and do a wall hanging for Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same fabric you used for the trip on that purse. I have 18 YARDS of that entire collection... so Im going to be making shit out of it for a long time.

    Anyway ..I love the purse. Of course you had to buy the fabric IT WAS HALF PRICE!

    I hope you enjoy your holidays and have lots of great things planned...or nothing planned if you'd rather fly by the seat of your pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lila Tueller is probably my favourite fabric designer, what with the Soiree at the top of the page and Eden, that I love but can't seem to get a fat quarter bundle of.

    Week 1 is set for a do-over of my bedroom. Week 2 and 3 are for making little things for the MiniMe market on the 26th, with a trip to the Lake Charlegrath Music festive in the middle.

    I wanted to go up to Adelaide for the forestries protest on the 8th, but it's my little sister's birthday, so I'm not sure.

    Of course, most of my big plans will probably get derailed by a pretty new fabric, a random idea, an empty bank balance or a combination of all three.

    But that's what holidays are for.

    ReplyDelete