Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Top done.

I got my top finished...


I'm quite fond of it, even though I would have prefered something brighter. I've worked out an 18 by 18 block version with a full spectrum in both directions, and were it not for the fact that I'm a big fan of instant gratification quilts, I'd absolutely be having a go at that. But spending more than a day or two on a quilt top is beyond my tiny tiny attention span of late.

I've bought a heap of Kona solids from fabricshack.com ($6 international postage for 9 yards) but because I don't have a card, I've had to guess.

I've gone for Bubble Gum, Tangerine, School Bus, Corn Yellow, Chartreuse, Kiwi, Lagoon, Royal and Mulberry, if that means anything to anyone. I've also gotten Candy Pink and Cerise as alternatives to Bubble Gum and Sunflower as an alternative to Corn Yellow, just in case I don't like them. But that's still a few weeks away from arrival, and in the meantime, I have an Australia Day Pub Crawl to attend.

Hope you all had a lovely 'Straya Day.

3 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out beautifully. I love those fabrics. What do you do with all the quilts you make Sara?

    Ive been looking at the Kona Cotton vs Bella Solids. (Ive only bought Bella solids before ) Let us know what your Kona is like quality wise when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like it, you being the vintage fabrics queen and all.

    I have 4 quilts on my bed and 1 on my wall. I've given 4 to cousins and 1 to my sister. When I finally finish dad's, he can have it. I've sold one at the local craft market, and I'm taking the rest to the mini-me market at the end of February in the hopes of selling some more. I really should list some on ebay, since I have a store that hasn't had any listings in it in about a year, but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to things like that.

    I usually just get my solids from spotlight, because even though I've recently become all "ooh, solids" I still haven't done that much with them. But I'm pretty sure that Robert Kaufman print most of their fabric on Kona, and the bundles I have (including the mingle that you have)seem quite good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to start thinking about what I'm going to do with that mingle...looks like a boy quilt to me with some solid blacks and reds...

    ReplyDelete