Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grrr and Grrr again.

Today I achieved nothing* at all. But that doesn't worry me. Sometimes you have days like that.

What does worry me is that tonight I went to click on the little spot where the stylus for my laptop's touchscreen lives, and it wasn't there. Casey spent half the day with the laptop trying to catch up on season 3 of Chuck and Becky was signed into facebook when I checked in tonight, so it could theoretically be anywhere. And replacement ones are in the $40-$100 range.

Today I bought 3 pairs of jeans, a nice puffy jacket, a polo shirt, 4 wine glasses and a slightly nasty 80s formal dress for $40. For $100 I could get this (almost)

Of course everyone's asleep now, so I can't go ferreting through their bedrooms. I would like to, but I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Grrr.

*when I say nothing, I'm not including working my way through 3 call centres to find where my slightly ridiculous purchase of a second tablet ended up (it has android, and dodo are giving it to me for $9.90 a month with bonus internets) or scoring $300+ worth of jeans (one pair are RM Williams ones) for $20. Or working 5 hours, or installing a whole heap of games on my new tablet, or finishing reading The Wee Free Men. I didn't get anything made, therefore I achieved nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I say bugger the family - go wake them ! If we're up they should be up!

    Pop on over and we'll have fun tormenting Mr. P awake. It's way too quiet here . Even Indy and Lola have gone to bed.

    ReplyDelete