Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yep, I'm back to being a proper nerd.

Frankly, I would rather I had bricked it.

Instead I had to install MioPocket, which contained a trial version of Bejewelled 2. Now last time I had Bejewelled 2 I became quite badly addicted, and it needed to be uninstalled for my own good. This version only lets you play the first 7 levels of anything, but have you played level seven of Adventure? As someone who doesn't exercise, that's the highest my heartrate's been in a long time. So now, instead of making a rush quilt with my new fabrics, I've spent the last 2 hours playing it. I still haven't done all the other nerdy stuff that needs doing on it either, but at least I have got it to read the e-book files that I actually bought it for.

This is the first time in a long time that I've missed having the ex around. Because it means that instead of getting a real reason why I can't do something, I have to go to google, and searches like "can I just take the ROM from the v50 and Frankenstein it into the x10?" don't get much response.

Logically, I don't think it would work, because of chipset compatibility and other silly things. Frankenstein was probably just fiction, and since you'd have to chop up real people, you can't really test out the theory. But I've got a spare v50, and as far as I'm concerned, you'll never know till you try.

Helen, I may require the use of your husband to talk me out of this.

3 comments:

  1. And Im pretty sure you wrote this post specifically to see if you could make my head explode from techno speak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with Shay....what THE!!!????
    You may borrow my husband and ask for his technical opinion any time, we also have a ginger ninja that knows a lot about pressing buttons and things and Im sure he has more of an idea than his mother does. I can tell you how to knit or sew pretty much anything but talk about computers and I blllaaallgkgkkjkgj jgfjjgjfjjgj sorry lost me there for a minute, hows the quilting going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But seriously kids, just say no to Bejewelled 2 Deluxe, lest you end up with the full version and never quilt or blog again.

    ReplyDelete